Hillcrest Normal School is a primary school for Year 0 to 6 students.
Located in the city of Hamilton, Hillcrest Normal School offers a wonderful education experience for your child. We have caring students, teachers and support staff.
At Hillcrest Normal School we are proud of the opportunities we provide our international students. We welcome the diversity that different cultures bring to our school. We offer a positive, safe and friendly learning environment.
International students are fully mainstreamed and are encouraged to access all learning activities offered at Hillcrest Normal School. Our focus is on providing a holistic education, through a rich and authentic learning curriculum with high quality academic learning and achievement outcomes. The current NZ curriculum areas are Mathematics, English (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing), Science, Social Studies, Technology and Arts (Drama, Dance, Music, Visual Art) and Health & Physical Education.
There are a wide range of after school activities that can be accessed by international students for a minimal additional cost.
All international students may be able to participate in our specialised English Language groups, depending on their level of English, and we have ESOL qualified and experienced teachers. These lessons are usually held 3 times a week for about 30 minutes.
Hillcrest Normal School is a signatory to the NZ Code of Practice for the pastoral care of international students, as per the New Zealand Qualifications Authority. A copy can be downloaded from the link below.
Appointments with our International Student Coordinator Mrs Sandra Neil are welcome at any stage of the year and can be made by calling our school office on 07 856 6122 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Hillcrest Normal School parents/caregivers are informed on their child’s progress and achievement through written reports, teacher conferences, learning celebrations, formal and informal meetings with teachers. Regular meetings are scheduled with the International Student Coordinator.
Please contact the school office for further information.
Hillcrest Normal School does not have a school uniform, however a school hat must be worn in Terms 4 & 1. Hats cost $25.00 and can be purchased from the school office.
Medical and Travel Insurance
International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand. A copy of this policy must be presented upon enrolment.
The following is an outline of the procedures for an International Student application:
Please note that your child must live with parents or a legal guardian whilst in NZ.
Please complete this International Student Enrolment form. We also need copies of the following documents:
- A current passport (If the student does not have a N.Z. resident’s permit then he/she is classed as an international fee paying student.)
- Medical and travel insurance must be taken out for each student, and a copy of the receipt for this insurance.
- Health records (immunisation history)
These documents can be emailed or bought into the school office.
- An appointment will then be made with the International student coordinator to ensure your child will be a good fit for our school and to answer any questions you may have. We will advise if the enrolment application is successful
- International student fees will be paid
- You will be given a receipt and a letter confirming the student has been accepted as an International student at Hillcrest Normal School. You will need this for the Department of Immigration.
- Your child can start school.
The full year tuition fee for 2023 is $13,500.
If a full year’s fee has been paid and a student leaves the school before completion they may be eligible for a refund. (Refer to Refund Policy)
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com