The Great Garden Tour
The organising team is working hard to make the garden tour and plant sale happen safely for our garden owners, ticketholders and volunteers, while also monitoring the COVID-19 alert levels and government guidelines.
Here’s what we know so far:
- The Great Garden Tour and Plant Sale will go ahead if Waikato is in Level 1 or 2.
- The event will be postponed or cancelled in Level 3 or 4.
Cancellation and refund policy
If the tour is cancelled or postponed due to COVID regulations you’ll get a refund of your ticket price (Credit card fees are non-refundable). You can find more detail in the Terms and Conditions on our event ticketing page.
SATURDAY 6 NOVEMBER 2021
9.30am – 3.30pm
A fabulous day out for garden-lovers, plant fans, and anyone needing outdoor inspiration.
Gather a group or take your favourite plants-person for a day touring 12 fantastic gardens on the eastside of Hamilton, many open to the public for the first time ever!
From formal and manicured to minimal and low maintenance, in the city or sprawling countryside, The Great Garden Tour has something for every style and every budget.
With spring in full bloom it’s the perfect time of year to view these amazing landscapes. Some have been growing for decades, others are new and contemporary. There’s plenty of native features and a few surprises. Add a few local artists and a well-placed coffee stop, and this is an event not to be missed!
PLUS: Massive spring plant sale bargains!
Tour ticket holders get an exclusive 1-hour early access to the massive spring plant sale, on the same day at the Hillcrest Normal School (HNS) hall.
Take your pick from a huge range of plants, including vegetables, herbs, flowers and perennials. There are incredible bargains to be had.
All plants have been lovingly propagated or grown by students at HNS, a proud Green-Gold EnviroSchool, with support from the local community.
8.30 – 9.30am Exclusive early access for The Great Garden Tour ticket holders only
9.30am – 1pm Open to the general public, everyone welcome!
Buy your tickets now!
All proceeds from the garden tour and plant sale will help raise funds for a much needed all-weather covered outdoor space for the children at HNS.
Entry to The Great Garden Tour is by ticket only. No Ticket sales on the day.
You will receive an outline of the gardens on the tour, instructions and directions, prior to the tour date. All gardens are in the Hamilton East, Hillcrest, Tamahere and Matangi areas.
This event will go ahead rain, hail or shine.
For health and safety reasons, children under 12 years of age cannot attend the tour.
Accessibility: Two of the twelve gardens are not wheelchair or walker accessible. Overall, most gardens have paths and are relatively flat, but there are steps and slopes, as well as non-paved areas. A good level of mobility is required.
With the generous support of our local community we are very proud to offer this amazing raffle in conjunction with the Great Garden Tour. There are a total of 14 prizes with a combined value of over $2,500.
1. Ruth Gilmour Photoshoot package valued at $1,050
2. Limited Edition A3 botanical print from Inspirit Gallery valued at $250
3. Dental check up, x-rays and clean with hygienist at Hillcrest Dental valued at $247
4. Dental check up, x-rays and clean with hygienist at Hillcrest Dental valued at $247
5. $150 Gothenburg voucher
6. $150 Gothenburg voucher
7. $100 Inspirit Gallery Voucher
8. $100 Tree Candy voucher. Timber and glass artist.
9. $100 New World voucher kindly donated by Curious Cubs
10. $50 worth of plants from the Plant Depot
11. $25 Little S&P Voucher. Nutritious raw and baked treats.
12. $25 Little S&P Voucher. Nutritious raw and baked treats.
13. 6 pack Mamas donuts ($20 value)
14. 6 pack Mamas donuts ($20 value)
15. $180 Thyme Square Restaurant voucher
16. $60 gift box of 5 pottery flowers with stems from Petal Pottery.
Tickets are $5 each and each ticket gets you in the draw to win one of the amazing prizes.
The raffle will be drawn on Saturday 6th November at 4.30pm and winners notified via email